The director takes the responsibility of appointing the heads of departments. The heads of departments assist the deputy director of studies in ensuring the good conduct of the study as they maintain the necessary pedagogical and scientific conditions that help the students in their learning and training.
The functions of each department are as follows:
- Coordinating the work with the professors supervising the training
- Receiving and registering students
- Following-up with the students during their study
- Supervising the students during their training
Admission to the Teachers’ Training School in the Arts and Humanities falls within the following options:
- Secondary education teacher. (Baccalaureate + 05 years).
- Elementary education teacher. (Bac + 04 years).
- Primary education teacher (Bac+3 years)
The baccalaureate average score has to be equal to or more than 13/20
Baccalaureate streams accepted:
- Experimental sciences.
- Humanities: Letters and philosophy - Foreign languages.
Certificates/Diplomas obtained at the end of the academic training at the school are:
- Certificate of Secondary education teacher (05 years of study).
- Certificate of elementary education teacher (04 years of study).
- Certificate of primary school teacher (03 years of study).